Being a young organisation with ambitious goals there is plenty to do and get involved in. DarkBee.org stands for the promotion and conservation of our native honeybee Apis mellifera mellifera: the Dark bee also called Mellifera, which is nearly extinct!
Membership* of DarkBee.org offers the following benefits:
- Free participation in our grafting days;
- Mating of self-reared Dark queens for free at our mating stations;
- Priority when booking reservations for queens / colonies;
- Free participation in the study days of DarkBee.org;
- The possibility of self-development within one of our Taskforces: Education, Grafting, Mating Control, Rewilding etc…
- Insurance for damage to third parties in accordance with “Policy of the Association Life”, also covering you both in and outside of Belgium;
- Free access to the online private member forum of DarkBee.org, where every member can go with all their questions and comments; and
- Free access to the online learning platform of DarkBee.org, ZB Academy (solely in Dutch at the moment), where every member is given the opportunity to grow at their own pace into the beekeeper they want to become.
You can register as a member by transferring €25 to Triodos Bank, account number IBAN BE20 5230 8072 1556 (BIC: TRIOBEBB) with the statement, “Membership fee + membership year + surname, first name”. After payment of the membership fee send an email to member administration with your contact details, home address and telephone or mobile number so that your membership can be activated.
Finally, you can register here for our online newsletter to stay informed about the latest news. Our newsletter is also available to non-members. Previous newsletters can be assessed in our archive.
* Your membership of DarkBee.org is greatly appreciated. Our only native honey bee, the Dark bee can use all the help possible! However, if you only want to become a member in the following year instead of the current association year, then register from October onwards, or even better, register as an “aspiring member”. That way you will receive a friendly reminder from us nearer the time.